Current Vacancies at Evaluate Ltd.
Reports to: Editor
Location: London Office
Role: EP Vantage/Evaluate is looking for an editorial assistant to help us with our next phase of growth and support the five- strong editorial team. While the role will primarily focus on database and internet research there will be opportunities to write articles. Applicants could include recent graduates considering a career in journalism or content management. The role could also be offered on a flexible basis making it suitable for care givers with relevant experience, or those looking for a return to work.
- Support of the editorial team through research, production of data and data tables using the EvaluatePharma database
- General office administration
- Assisting with enquiries from clients
- Assisting the Content Coordinator to monitor Evaluate’s online presence
- Contribute to social media content by posting stories on Twitter and third party sites
- Fact checking and proof reading articles
- Keeping track of and recording useful data items using internal and third party sources
- Assisting with daily publishing
- Assist in updating the public sections of the website
- Assisting with production of a monthly editorial report
- Writing articles, should the successful applicant show a desire and proficiency to do so
- Researching upcoming events for the editorial team to write
- Researching and uploading images
- Creating tables and data charts for stories
- Assisting in the production of EP Vantage special reports
- Produce and distribute regular usage reports for Vantage content
- Manage and maintain Vantage picture library
- IT and administrative skills – including word processing, use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and internet and database research
- Attention to detail, together with the ability to proofread
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure
- Multitasking, with skill to prioritise tasks using your own initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Awareness of the business use of social media
- High standards of accuracy
- Foreign language(s) would be an advantage
Educated to degree level, or equivalent
Enthusiastic, self-starter with great interpersonal skills and flexible work attitude.
Given the nature of our business, you would ideally have either a science, medical or financial background and preferably have the ability to understand and interpret scientific terminology.
You could also be considering a career in journalism or have strong writing or organisational skills.
Knowledge of the both the European and US pharmaceuticals sector and an understanding of the latest developments in drug research and regulation would be very desirable, but not essential. Likewise, some financial writing experience would be an advantage.
Strong numerical, analytical skills and being conversant with both database manipulation and excel are also highly desirable.
However, experience is less important than a can-do attitude and willingness to learn, as on the job training will be provided along with support and mentoring.
As part of our ongoing personal development programme for staff, the editorial assistant will also be able to attend internal and external training courses to help them with their job function.
What is essential is the ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, grasp concept quickly and attention to detail.
Start Date: ASAP
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EPVEA2015
Reports to: Web Team Lead
Location: Ipswich Office
Role: The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Follow and improve the software development processes, direct and in-direct, aligned to department strategy
- Adhere to requirements from testing and project management processes
- Implementing code
- To provide appropriate, coherent system notes and procedures as necessary, for the safe, efficient development of Evaluate’s software programs
- Provision of estimates for work and sticking to deadlines
- Ensure all developments are communicated and demonstrated
- To provide support for users, so that they can use Evaluate’s proprietary software effectively
The Web Developer is responsible for the following activities:
- Develop detailed specifications which enable the definition of software deliverables and timelines, for work requests.
- Work with stakeholders to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience using ASP
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Experience in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Appropriate programming qualifications
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
Useful Skills & Experience:
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Software design, debugging, testing and documentation
- Problem Solving
- Meeting project deadlines
- Communicating in both a written and verbal form
- Presenting and listening
Start Date: ASAP
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WEBDEVIPS2015
Business Development Manager, Europe – Evaluate Ltd
Reports to: Senior Sales Director – Europe & ROW
Location: London office
Working closely with the Senior Sales Director, Europe and Rest of World who is based in the UK, other members of the global sales team, client services, marketing and analyst teams, the Business Development Manager – Europe will be responsible for all sales from management of existing client accounts to generating new sales from new clients in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sectors in Europe (* territory is listed below)
The Business Development Manager will be based in the Evaluate London office; the role will require overseas travel – the sales role will be approximately 20% out of the office and 80% in the office with sales activity and closing on the phone (telesales).
The Business Development Manager is expected to contribute fully to Evaluate’s corporate and business objectives. Above all, the person is expected to achieve the Key Responsibilities of the role.
1.New Business Development
- Generate new sales at new clients to achieve the agreed new business sales target.
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to closing the sale.
- Use a full range of communication and sales methods to generate interest and sell the Evaluate services entailing face to face sales meetings, web demonstrations, and telephone and email communications.
- Travel to develop new business within Europe.
- Be proficient in presenting the key benefits and value propositions of the Evaluate portfolio and all the new product offerings to prospective clients.
- Must be able to align and sell the Evaluate propositions to prospective client’s business problems and challenges.
- Retain and grow existing accounts – ensure successful renewal and growth to achieve the agreed account management sales target.
- Sell all new services to existing accounts to achieve the new services sales target.
- Generate new business development opportunities with the existing accounts within other departments.
- Travel to clients within Europe.
- Provide outstanding client service in conjunction with the Client Service Team to ensure the life time value of the account is maximized.
- Apply critical thinking and creative problem solving skills to ensure client problems are resolved appropriately and quickly.
- Develop, document and manage account and territory plans.
3.Promote Evaluate brand
- Attend conferences as an exhibitor or participant to network and generate new sales leads and promote the Evaluate services and brand.
- Collaborate on promotional activities for advertising, press releases, conferences, or other projects as required by your manager to generate sales leads and promote the Evaluate brand.
4.Sales Reporting and Management
- Produce monthly sales and forecasts reports for Evaluate management
- Maintain excellent records of all client and business development correspondence and documents within the company’s CRM system
- Responsible for preparing annual territory business plan and budgets in collaboration with the Senior Sales Director Europe and Rest of Word.
- High sales performer with strong sales skills combined with a can do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills; both presentational (face-to-face and via web demos) and written.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to execute solutions/deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with a demanding and expert client base.
- Good understanding of how analysis and information supports business and decision processes.
- Excellent computer skills required including thorough ability to work Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Good to excellent command of written and spoken English (other European languages is desirable)
- Highly customer focused, with a friendly, positive, and creative manner when dealing with clients and work colleagues.
- Personable and credible, high ethical standards.
- Energetic, resilient; ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Aptitude for learning
- Sales Individual but also a team player.
Greece, Sweden, Eire, Czech, Hungray, Israel, Poland, Austria, Finland, Holland, Norway, Turkey, Romania, Slovakia, Croatia, Portugal, Ukraine and Russia.
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BDME2014
About Evaluate Ltd.
Evaluate Ltd is a major international company providing outstanding market intelligence services for the Pharmaceutical industry and its advisors, through the EvaluatePharma®, EvaluateMedTech™ and EP Vantage® brands. Our international clients in Pharma & Biotech, Banking and Consultancy regard EvaluatePharma® as the industry’s gold standard for timely and accurate analysis of reported drug sales, consensus sales forecasts, R&D pipelines and comprehensive company financials.