Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 0800
Fax: +44 (0)20 7349 5157
Tel: +81 (0)80-1164-4754
Request a Demo
What our customers are saying
When I think of the future, I think of EvaluatePharma
Global pharmaceutical company
EP Vantage Pharma & Biotech 2014 in Review
Despite a wobble in the spring, the pharma and biotech sector came back stronger than ever, racking up a record-breaking $212 billion in M&A transactions.
The feel good factor also extended to IPOs. Largely fuelled by investor appetite for immunotherapy, 2014 boasted 87 flotations, raising a combined $6.3 billion, one of the best hauls since the genomic bubble of 2000.
LISTEN: Amy Brown, News Editor, EP Vantage joins FierceBiotech Radio to talk about her retrospective look at a big year for biotech and peek ahead at what might be in store for 2015.
Key highlights include:
- Specialty pharma M&A frenzy, including the $66 billion purchase of Allergan, helped drive the $212 billion in M&A transactions; eclipsing the $152 billion spent in 2009
- IPO filings doubled from 44 in 2013 to 87 in 2014; total amount raised jumped from $2.9 billion to $6.3 billion
- UK-based biopharma company, Circassia, broke IPO records with $332 million debut
- Venture capital funding rose by 33% to $6.5 billion
- FDA drug approvals rose 43% from 2013 with impressive tally of 50 new drugs
- Eli Lilly was the best performing big pharma stock in 2014 with shares up 35%
- GlaxoSmithKline was the worst performing stock with shares down 15% in the year
Download EP Vantage Pharma & Biotech 2014 in Review
EP Vantage MedTech 2014 in Review
EvaluatePharma Japan Sales Volume Pricing 2015
EP Vantage CAR-T Therapy Landscape in 2015
EP Vantage Pharma & Biotech 2015 Preview