Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 0800
Fax: +44 (0)20 7349 5157
Tel: +81 (0)80-1164-4754
Request a Demo
What our customers are saying
When I think of the future, I think of EvaluatePharma
Global pharmaceutical company
EvaluatePharma World Preview 2015, Outlook to 2020
EvaluatePharma World Preview 2015 Outlook to 2020
The eighth edition of the EvaluatePharma® World Preview 2015, Outlook to 2020 report brings together many of our analyses to provide a top level insight, from the world's financial market, into the expected performance of the industry between now and 2020.
If there was any doubt that the pharmaceutical industry is entering a period of sustained growth it should be put to rest by this report showing prescription drug sales are set to advance at almost 5% a year until 2020.
Watch Anthony Raeside, Head of Research at Evaluate, discussing World Preview 2015 at BIO 2015.
Key highlights in EvaluatePharma® World Preview 2015, Outlook to 2020 include:
- Worldwide prescription drug sales are expected to reach almost $1 trillion by 2020 (CAGR: 4.8% between 2014 and 2020)
- Key prescription drug sales jumped 4.9% in 2014, driven by an 8.9% surge in USA sales; Europe returns to growth at 2.4%; Japan slumps 2.6% in yen
- Industry's R&D pipeline valued at $493bn; Gilead's potential new combination hepatitis C product most valuable
- Humira remained the top-selling product in 2014 with sales of $13bn; Sovaldi debuts at number two with sales of $10bn
- A record number of new drugs were approved by the US FDA in 2014; sales potential increases by 45%
- AbbVie's Humira continues to account for over 25% of the anti-rheumatic market in 2020
- Gilead continues to dominate the anti-viral segment in 2020 capturing over 50% of the entire market
Report Executive Summary
Download EvaluatePharma World Preview 2015